JSConf AU 2018 is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible space for all participants.
The event will be held at North Melbourne Meat Market, accessible via one entrance at 5 Blackwood Street.
What to expect
- All talks will be in English, accompanied by live captions.
- Dietary requirement-compliant, healthy, nutritious food will be served throughout the day, including breakfast, morning and afternoon teas, and lunch.
- Any after-parties held at the conference venue will be catered, and we will be providing alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks.
- Snacks (fruit) and drinks (coffee, tea, soft drinks, water) will be available at all times.
- Wi-Fi and outlets will be available.
- Pavilions are flat or cobblestone with accessible ramps for wheelchairs.
- Anyone with mobility, hearing or vision issues can reserve a front-row seat.
- Our bathrooms are multi-stall and gender-neutral featuring an accessible cubicle in each one of them.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- We have a media policy in place, with lanyards indicating the level of comfort attendees have with being photographed or recorded.
- A Code of Conduct team is available throughout the entire event and parties to address any incidents, microaggressions or ableisms.
- Our speakers have been advised to avoid using epilepsy-inducing videos and animations, however we cannot fully guarantee compliance.
If you’re in need of any further assistance or have questions, do not hesitate to contact the team
. We’d love to have you at our event 💖